|Join the Automation Alley Technology Committee for the first seminar in our Product Development series.
The morning will begin with a keynote address by Azam Khan, deputy chief of staff at the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) who is responsible for the Detroit satellite office of the USPTO. An in-depth discussion on the legal and intellectual property aspects of new product development throughout the product development cycle, from ideation to commercial launch, will follow. Next, three case studies will be presented. The session will conclude with a panel discussion and Q&A.
Attend this seminar to learn more about:
- The impact of the first USPTO satellite office in Detroit
- Invention disclosures
- IP strategy
- Patent searched and infringement analysis
- Utility and design patent application filing
- Trademark registration
- The cost of IP
- Joint development agreements
- Licensing and sales/distribution agreements
|Agenda:8 a.m. Registration and continental breakfast 8:30 a.m. Keynote speaker
- Azam Khan, United States Patent and Trademark Office
9:15 a.m. IP in Product Development
- Kevin Heinl, Brooks Kushman P.C.
- Kristin Pursley, Dobrusin & Thennisch PC
- Eric van der Meulen, Q’vive, LLC
9:45 a.m. Three Case Studies 10:30 a.m. Panel discussion and Q&A, followed by networking 11:30 a.m. Adjourn
Cost: Members – Pre-registration: $20; At the door: $30 Non-members – Pre-registration: $40; At the door: $50
Pre-registration closes June 10, 2012 at close of business.
To register, visit http://www.automationalley.com/a2_nws_eventinfo?id=a086000000FC8uZAAT.